Thursday, January 18, 2007

One More Time!


Many other blogs are distributing a petition to have Isiah Washington fired from "Grey's Anatomy." I agree that his comments were not "nice." I don't agree that he should be fired. Was Mel Gibson "fired" from his directorial job? Was The Seinfeld DVD taken off the shelves after Michael Richards remarks? Why the preferential treatment wanted? Feelings are feelings! I will gladly sign that petition when Mel Gibson and Michael Ritchards are "blackballed." No pun intended! LOL Did I fail to mention that the petition is peppered with misspelled words? Get it together! I-G-N-O-R-A-N-T!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely, it is not about being fired, and it should not about any double standard. What it must be about, for Washington as well as Gibson and anyone else, is an effort to elevate the standard of public commentary. While privately uttered bigoted comments are wrong, public figures absolutely should be held to a higher standard. While their skills and talents made them noticed, it was the public that made them rich and famous, and they owe to everyone to use better judgement.

Anonymous said...

What happened to Freedom Of Speech? Sticks and Stones? OTHERS, have never been held to a higher standard. There is no double standard. It's just us! Since when are privately uttered bigoted remarks wrong? What I say in private is none of your damn business! I wish you could hear what I'm saying about YOU!