Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Sad! Sad! Sad!


Imagine my surprise, today I was browsing other blogs and I was floored! The site was Idontlikeyouinthatway.com and the subject was Serena Williams. The blogger says "I'm white and Serena is so butt-ugly!" He/she went on to say other things but they are irrelevant. The comments are what shocked me. There were a lot of racist comments from anonymous people, of course. It saddened me that people REALLY feel this way. I'll bet those "anonymous" folks have black friends and or family members but, this is how they REALLY feel. Being a blogger I like to elicit responses from people but not THAT kind. I want intelligent conversation! If I got that many racist responses to something, I'd shut down my site. I don't believe in giving that shit space to be aired. We all have our opinions but save that racist bull for another blog! Thanx

No comments: