Sunday, March 09, 2008

"The Wire" 2002-2008


What can I say about The Wire?

If I said I missed an episode, I'd be a liar.

From day one I sat down and got into it.

I'm gonna miss the way Gray Davis said, "Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!"

Sunday nights had my household on lock!

I couldn't wait to see what was happening on the block!

Did Omar come and rob from the riches?

Was Marlo treating his workers like bitches?

Unfortunately, they're taking my show off the air.

Somehow it just doesn't seem fair!

Well I can always catch you On Demand.

I won't miss a season, I'm such a fan.

Thanks for bringing awareness to Baltimore's plight.

To my wonderful cast, "I say goodnight."


1 comment:

wordswork02 said...

Great poem, Tluv. Nice execution of the AABB rhyming structure -- "it/shiiiiiiiiit"! Nice one!

Even though I never saw the show, I feel how you're going to miss it. "The L Word" will be going off soon, too. I guess I need to sharpen my pencils! sniff...sniff