Thursday, July 24, 2008

So Sweet!!!


Lil Romeo (can we still call him that?), has passed on a lucrative venture! Read why:


Rapper Lil Romeo has passed up a starring role in new movie "Sweetwater," so he doesn't lose his college basketball eligibility. The son of music mogul Percy "Master P" Miller, Romeo Miller, this year begins playing for the University of Southern California, where he'll have to abide by strict college athlete rules.The school's directives require that the 18-year-old has to be a full-time student and can not accept hand-outs or cash favours from potential sponsors, agents or professionals. In "Sweetwater" Miller was set to portray the first African American player signed by America's National Basketball Association, according the WENN News."Romeo has agreed to abide by all NCAA regulations, but I think a lot of their rules will need to be updated to take into account a person of his magnitude and his past accomplishments," the rapper's father said."I couldn't be more proud of my son's decision to choose education and athletics over money. Being a student athlete takes a lot of hard work and discipline."Lil' Romeo says that Master P - his dad - always insisting that he learn as well as play in school: "Being raised in poverty-stricken New Orleans, I know first hand what it's like to have nothing, and to see what my dad has done with his education, goals, and opportunities has really opened my eyes."Now I'm grown up and I'm setting my own goals and with the right education, I know there's no limit."Sunset Pictures, the production company behind the new sports film, supports Miller's decision and has committed to working with Miller on future projects once he completes college.




Next Story >>

No comments: