Thursday, March 05, 2009

Father Of The Year!


Jason Taylor wins this award, hands down! Especially after turning down a one-year contract with the Washington Redskins – worth $8.5 million – to stay home with his wife and children.

"Being away from my family was very difficult," says Taylor, who spent four months in Los Angeles on Dancing with the Stars before being traded by the Miami Dolphins to D.C., where he has lived for the past six months.

"As you get older in life you start to re prioritize things and realize what's important. I just wanted to re prioritize it and focus more on my family than I did on myself and my career," says Taylor.

"I know people are going to think I'm crazy, walking away from 8.5 million," says the athlete, who is back at home in Miami with wife, Katina, 33, and children Isaiah, 6, Nason, 4, and Zoe, 3. "There are certain things money can't buy, like time with your children … I didn't have a father growing up [so] I understand how important it is. I don't want to miss my kids lives."

Whatta Man!

3 comments:

Lady Di said...

Well the Washington story is he was let go from the team due to lack of performance. No matter, as long as he's happy, then so be it. Best of luck to him in his future.

TLUV said...

What? Lack of performance? What a spin they put on the story! I should have known! Nobody wants to be around some kids, all day long! J/K!

Lady Di said...

Ok, I misunderstood TLuv. You can read it here for the details - http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/03/02/AR2009030201933.html?hpid=sec-sports