Monday, July 16, 2007

Okay! Okay!


I must admit that I am guilty of looking at the website www.hotghettomess.com. I usually get a few laughs. I find it hard to believe that the pictures I see are real. Surely, people don't go out in public like that! I don't think it's a good idea to make it into a TV show. What good could possibly come from it? The people in those pictures and videos think that they are O.K.! Sadly, 90% of the photos are African Americans. They are shown in very embarrassing situations. Our image is tarnished everyday on the news. Why must B.E.T. (Black Entertainment Television) tarnish it more? That's my opinion! I hate to see a brother lose a job but Charley Murphy will be allright.

1 comment:

wordswork02 said...

Well, I don't see why they have to call the show "Hot Ghetto Mess." It seems like it's going to be some kind of "Girls Gone Wild" with boys and girls. Or will it be an "Ambush Make-over" type show?

Either way, I'm offended by the title even though there are more than JUST black people in the ghetto. After all, the term was first used to describe Jewish neighborhoods in Eastern Europe.

Let's start a petition to change the show's name. Maybe it should be called "Do you know this fool? If not, are you this fool?"