Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Don't Believe Everything You See!


It has come to my attention (as well as the attention of other bloggers) that an alleged video of two of the Jena 6 young men, has surfaced. The "alleged" video shows them bragging about thugging and showing off money. Many people have assumed the money came from the Jena6 Defense Fund but, this can't be confirmed. I have not posted the video or the pictures because I am not sure these things come from "clean hands". In other words, from the beginning of Jena6 there have been people who have used the internet to sway opinions. Mostly, they have tried to piss white people off! I am not sure that this video is not being used for the same purpose. I watched the video and it is well edited, yet rather blurry. Someone put alot of effort into showing the "bad" side of these boys. I can't really see their faces but that's not the point. The point is, we rallied and people are trying to come together and there are people who don't want this! I ask you to look at the messengers! As a blogger, I feel I have a responsibility to try and tell the truth. I know that gossip isn't always "the truth" but I would never try to intentionally hurt someone. I am not in the business of getting people's children taken away or their freedom. Therefore, I will not post the aforementioned video. If you want to see it, you can go to other blogs. Remember, keep an open mind and don't believe everything you see!

No comments: