Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Ordinarily, I Don't Do This...




Ordinarily, I don't blog about these things but, I feel compelled. Jerry Seinfeld and his wife Jessica are being sued for copyright infringement and defamation of character. Jessica Seinfeld came out with a book called "Deceptively Delicious". The book had recipes that incorporated vegetables in them. Like broccoli brownies etc. Anyhoo, Missy Chase Lapine wrote a book with the same recipes, that came out months before Jessica's book. Missy is suing based on plagiarism. Missy is also suing Jerry for calling her a "wacko" on David Letterman's show. I blogged about this because I feel that Jerry Seinfeld tried to discredit the woman and use his fame to sway popular opinion. I saw Mrs. Chase Lapine earlier in the year, on television, pushing her book. I remember thinking that the book seemed stupid but, to each his own. Imagine my surprise, when I see Jessica Seinfeld pushing a book with the same premise. I hope Mrs. Chase Lapine gets all the money she asks for. Let this be a lesson to all celebrities! Money can't buy or get you out of everything! Besides, I like sticking it to Jerry Seinfeld, every chance I get! LOL

No comments: