Saturday, April 12, 2008

Somebody Needs A Vacation!


Alicia Keys was interviewed for the May issue of Blender Magazine. Sister-gurl said some weird things! Some of the things I don't disagree with but, I wouldn't share those thoughts with THAT publication. Read it:
The interviewer, Jonah Weiner, starts talking to Alicia about her love for music of the Notorious B.I.G. She tells him her favorite song of his is "Me & My Bitch." Jonah asks her what other gangsta rapper she likes and she answered, "Gangsta rap' was a ploy to convince black people to kill each other. Gangsta rap' didn't exist."
Jonah responded with, "A ploy by whom?" Alicia answered, "The government."Alicia said she's been reading a lot of Black Panther autobiographies. She wears a gold AK-47 pendant to "symbolize strength, power and kill 'em dead." Alicia goes on to say that she believes Tupac and Biggie were assassinated "by the government and the media, to stop another great black leader from existing."
She's also planning to write more political songs. She said if the late Black Panther Huey Newton “had the outlets our musicians have today, it’d be global. I have to figure out a way to do it myself."
Note to Alicia: Gurlfriend! Icksnay on the otplay! Okay?

1 comment:

wordswork02 said...

Hmmm...I didn't know Ms. Keys was so political. And a conspiracy theorist, no less!

I wonder why they didn't ask her about Obama. Does she think he's a tool of the white power structure who will remove his black mask after he gets into the White House to reveal a blonde, blue-eye white supremacist red neck? I'm just curious.

I don't think it would be any less ridiculous than what she DID say.

I agree...icksnay on the olitical-pay onvo-kay, Licia-Ay! M-kay?