Sunday, September 14, 2008

He May Have An Oscar......




He may have an Oscar but, if Diahann Carroll is telling the truth, he was an A-hole! Sidney Poitier is an icon. He allegedly was involved in an affair with Diahann Carroll while they both were married. In Diahann Carroll's new memoir, "The Legs Are The Last To Go," he is described as a cheater and a cad! In the book she writes: "Sidney called me at my hotel . . . 'You bitch, whore, tramp,' he yelled. 'I know he just left your bed. I won't have you running around with other men. You belong to me!' "
Things got worse when, she says, Poitier told her he'd finally called it quits with his wife, Juanita Hardy, bought her a ring, and had her decorate a 10-room Riverside Drive apartment he'd bought. "I was only home a few days when he called to say his wife was having second thoughts. Our wedding plans would have to be postponed," Carroll writes. "When the apartment was ready and I was about to move my daughter in with me, Sidney told me he didn't want her there . . . He changed the locks so I couldn't get in. Then he made me write him a check to offset his purchase and decorating costs. I did as I was told, submissive and desperate."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

just bacause he is a wonderful actor doesn't mean he is a good husband!

TLUV said...

Point taken! I guess he just couldn't "act" like a good husband!

wordswork02 said...

I wonder if Oprah will have Miss Carroll back on her show. You know she (Oprah) considers Sidney Poitier a national treasure.

TLUV said...

More like a national fossil! LOL

wordswork02 said...

Well, I have to wonder if Miss Carroll is just writing this stuff to sell books. I think I remember an interview she did once where she was singing Sidney's praises and saying what a gentleman he was and how good-looking he was. Or was that Harry Belafonte?

Dang! I get these aged, never-marry-a-sistah black movie stars mixed up.

TLUV said...

Sidney Poitier was, at one time, married to a sistah! In fact, they had several children! Oddly, I saw a picture of her and his current wife, all hugged up! They looked very chummy!