Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Kudos!


Every once in a while, you run into a person andd think they are great. Well, if you don't tell them how will they know? I want to talk about Newark New Jersey's mayor, Cory Booker. I stumbled upon this humble hero while watching Forest Whitaker's show Brick City on Sundance. The show followed Mayor Booker and his staff and other Newarkers trying to make a difference. I found him attractive, articulate and exactly what Newark and Detroit needs. He truly CARED for the city and it's residents. I watched as he balanced budget tried to combat crime and participated in Midnight Basketball. The man has spirit and more energy than a 2 year old. I love a man with conviction. Mr. Booker is single but, I'm sure not for long. Note to Cory Booker: I applaud you for the work you are doing and I respect you for the poise you possess in the face of opposition. I will visit your fair city one day and I pray that you are still in charge. God Bless...

No comments: