Friday, December 08, 2006

WHY?


The Justo Mixtape Awards 2006 went down last night in the famed Apollo Theater. Well, sorta! The show was marred by scuffles and people bumrushing the door. So many altercations happened that the NYPD shut the show down. Note to Hip-Hop: Why all the ignorance? Some people believe that your ignorance is just to sell CDs. I'm beginning to think differently. This was the 10th annual award show, named after Justo Faison. Since Faison is no longer with us, R.I.P. Justo, the least you could have done is show some respect! For those who don't know, the awards show honors DJs and underground rappers. For more on the melee go to www.allhiphop.com!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of rap, I just wanted to share this.

I saw Aries Spears on Conan last night and he did a great rap imitating Snoop Dogg, Jay-Z, DMX and another rapper I can't remember. But the rap was "the bomb" and his impressions were sooo on point. I hope someone posts the clip on Youtube because you guys have gotta see this!