Monday, November 05, 2007

Say What?


Nicky Barnes, reputed drug dealer from the 70's (portrayed by Cuba Gooding Jr.in American Gangster) has a different take on the whole "No snitching" attitude of the streets today. Barnes, who is in protective custody for "snitching" on his friends, had this to say, "When I realized they left me on the battlefield to die, I said, “Fuck it!” … I said, “I’ll pull those motherfuckers in, let them see what it’s like.” I would rather be out here in the witness program than to be in jail with them. Why would I wanna be in there with them kinda niggers? I don’t regret it. I saw this show on CNN, with Anderson Cooper. Cats were talking about “Don’t snitch, no matter what happens.” Well, I can’t see how a guy can be considered strong if he lets a bunch of assholes walk all over him and he doesn’t respond, just because of some code that a bunch of idiots have cooked up. Anderson Cooper asked this rapper, “Suppose a child was molested and you knew who this molester was. Would you tell the police?” He said, “No.” So that’s what I’m sayin’—the street guidelines are just moron bullshit.

2 comments:

wordswork02 said...

Portrayed by Cuba Gooding, Jr. in what? Can I assume you meant "American Gangster"? Let a sistah know because I haven't seen that movie yet.

TLUV said...

I am so sorry Wordswork02! Please forgive me. I need an Editor. You know one?