Friday, November 16, 2007

What Year Is This?


Central Michigan University in Mt. Pleasant,MI is involved in a scandal. Four nooses were found hanging in the Engineering department. The President of the school had this to say, "CMU President Michael Rao and other CMU leaders issued a statement calling on the university and Mount Pleasant communities "to join us in our denouncement of this reprehensible act."

The Rev Maurice Rudd, council treasurer, said the U.S. Department of Justice needs to immediately get involved with the investigation.

"We need federal involvement now," he said in a statement. "Just as Dr. King and the Rev. Fred Shuttleworth called for federal troops into Birmingham, we need federal investigators in Mount Pleasant."

Police are questioning students and faculty about whether they noticed suspicious activity in the building. A $500 reward is being offered for information in the incident.
I LIVE in Michigan! I must say that lately I have noticed a climate change. People used to talk about coming together but now that EVERYBODY'S dealing with unemployment and home foreclosures, racism is rearing it's ugly head, again! I'm reminded of something Chris Rock said in a show. He said, "There's nothing a white man with a nickel hates more than, a Nigger with a dime!" Please excuse the use of the N-word but, I had to use the entire quote. I totally agree! Recently I moved to the suburbs and received many of the "What are you doing here?" looks. I also noticed that when I am asked where I live and I respond, people stare in disbelief! As if, I can't be serious! Well, I am here to stay baby! So get used to it!

No comments: