Monday, August 11, 2008

Why????


I stayed up last night and watched the Men's relay swim race on NBC. I saw how France was handing America a royal a$$ whooping! Michael Phelps and the second swimmer, Garret Weber-Gale, were not helping! Cullen Jones (who happens to be black) was the third swimmer and he pulled America closer for the last leg of the race. When , Jason Lezak (the last swimmer), took the water he was just a smidgen behind. He rallied and brought America back for the win. Remember, before Cullen Jones took the water, America was a full body length behind! Why have the correspondents and everyone counted out Cullen? They said he didn't swim as fast as he was supposed to etc. Yet, America was supposed to lose to France! If Cullen hadn't closed that gap, Lezak would have never came back the way he did. I watched Cullen Jones watching the replay and he and I heard the announcer say, "Cullen not pulling his end of the leg the way he should!" Cullen's smile disappeared and he said, "Thanks alot!" That pissed me off! Are they that afraid that this sport, too, will be dominated? Get ya ish together! BEEEYOTCHES!
Sidenote: I grew up with an Olympic sized swimming pool from the age of 4! My mother, my sister, my son and myself are card carrying swimmers! My son is going out for the swim team this year! So, yes some of us do float!

2 comments:

wordswork02 said...

Yeah, I heard about this. I'm not watching the Olympics, so I can't comment on Cullen's performance. But I don't think the athletes should be able to hear the TV announcers' comments. How can that help their performances?

And what athlete is going to want to give an interview to a commentator who has just dissed him? It makes no sense to me!

TLUV said...

He was proudly watching the recap! Smiling and all! Then he heard the comment and he seemed very sad. I would give that person an interview!