Monday, December 29, 2008

Them's Fightin Words!!


There is a feud, allegedly, brewing between Janet Jackson and Beyonce. In an interview, Beyonce said this about her family, "I grew up upper class. Private school. My dad had a Jaguar. We’re African-American and we work together as a family, so people assume we’re like The Jacksons.

“But I didn’t have parents using me to get out of a bad situation.”
Janet feels she is suggesting that the Jackson's were gutter rats! I think so too! If they were so upper-class, why didn't she marry a doctor or a lawyer? She reached back to Marcy Projects and married Jay-Z! He's rich now but, he isn't from the upper-class, like she is. Wouldn't that be slumming? I see nothing wrong with marrying a rapper but, don't try to be bourgeoisie! She will mess around and get slapped with the "Thriller" glove! I remember reading that as a young child the Knowles were living in a suburb of Houston and then her father quit his job to manage the girls, full time. At this point, the family had to move into a small apartment. The mother was so upset she left him for a minute. What kind of upper-class apartment was that? What do you feel?

4 comments:

Lady Di said...

All I can do is smh at the foolishness that people get themselves into. But I love the humor bits you added in to make it funny to read rather the sadness it's turned out to be. Will we ever learn...

TLUV said...

Basically, I hate it when people put someone down to lift their dismal existence. What did Tito do to deserve her comments? Nothing! He just stood to the side and played guitar. Is Rebie to blame for her vicious comments? I think not! I say let the Jacksons be! Sit back and drink some Joe Cola and chill! Ya know... LOL

wordswork02 said...

Dang! Beyonce seems to have a recurring case of foot-in-mouth disease. And it's making her some enemies among black entertainment royalty: first Aretha, now Janet. Can she PLEASE shut up a minute?!?

Next thing you know, she'll be trying to dog Oprah. Of course, you know she'll come up missing after that. Gail will TAKE BEYONCE OUT! She don't play! lol

TLUV said...

Gayle is known for snatching out weaves! I hear she wears razor blades in her hair! LOL