Thursday, January 01, 2009

The Thrilla Not In Manilla!



I love a great battle! I think all comics should go at each other this way! First of all, the battle idea was ingenius! Folks love to see a fight! Just like junior high school when you heard the words "fight" and saw the crowd form, you got excited. Well, the same thing happened last night at the Joe, in Detroit. Standing in line to enter the venue, you heard people placing their bets. Many people felt Steve Harvey would take Katt Williams out but, I said, "don't count the little man out!" I was right! Katt williams attacked Steve Harvey in ways people thought he'd be afraid to touch. Like that spray tan picture of him in Jet magazine. The one with the bald head and the shirtless chest. He talked about his age and him being a comedien since 1968. He was funny and fast and raw! Steve Harvey came out with a bunch of old sayings about him being famous and how Katt should bow down to him. Personally, I didn't find him funny! I love the Steve Harvey show but only for Cedric The Entertainer and Lovita Alize Jenkins. For some reason, when I hear Steve Harvey speak, I wanna cringe. He butchers the King's English in a very unflattering way. I chuckled during his set but Katt had me bent over holding my stomache. I guess it's true, Lady Di, he is the quintessential comedian! I found a short clip on youtube and I'm posting it for you! Dig how the venue resembled a boxing match! KUDOS!

3 comments:

Lady Di said...

Oh yeah girl. I've been on YouTube for about 2 hours and 16 mins. (laughs) I was WAITING for someone, anyone to upload their experience. And there's comments under almost all the vids up over there too. Nothing from Steve's set as yet but we shall see. They said Katt was going to rip into Steve and from what I see, Steve never came up up from his dinner he was supposed to have after his set. My vote was always on Katt even though I still mad he went on retirement like this. I wanted some hooplah, some fanfare or something. No doubt, thanks for felling well enough to post some words. I 'preciate it!!

TLUV said...

Anytime Sista!

Lady Di said...

I just realized you put up that nasty greasy pic of SH's old azzz. Old dude need to keep his shirt on like his mustache is and toupee should have been.

Look what some fool on YouTube typed about Steve's stache - "Steve will whip off his mustache and beat Kat into a coma with it."