Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Resurrection Deal?


I came across this story on Yahoo news and I was appalled! A mother plead guilty to starving her son, to death, and her plea will be rescinded should her son be resurrected! Yeah, you read it right! Read on:
"Prosecutors agreed to some unusual terms to win a guilty plea from a former religious cult member charged with starving her 1-year-old son to death: If the child is resurrected, her plea will be withdrawn.

Ria Ramkissoon, 22, also agreed Monday to testify against four other members of the now-defunct religious group known as 1 Mind Ministries. All four are charged with first-degree murder in the death of Javon Thompson, whose body was kept in a suitcase packed with mothballs and fabric softener sheets long after he died.

Ramkissoon's lawyer said the resurrection clause Ramkissoon insisted on shows that she is still "brainwashed" and needs the psychological treatment that is planned as part of her sentencing.

According to a statement of facts, the cult members stopped feeding the boy when he refused to say "Amen" after a meal. After Javon died, Ramkissoon sat next to his decomposing body and prayed for his resurrection."

Brainwashed? Ya think!!!!

4 comments:

Lady Di said...

I think this was one is out of my Hometown - Baltimore. I came in on the middle of it. But there is some sicko people out there. When I was a kid, I was forced to sit at the table until I finished my plate. I remember falling asleep and waking up with food on my face.

I just can't imagine the practices of some parents in this society. (smh)

PS - did you see Oprah on the cult fam in Texas?? WOW!! I caught about 20 or so mins.

TLUV said...

I missed it! What was their denomination? Was it the kids that they rescued?

Lady Di said...

WEIRD CULT. I'm kidding I don't know really as I saw the latter half or less. I would put them as a strand of Amish but more closed in. A far away Amish family. Here's a wee bit

Lady Di said...

Ooooooops, yes... it was that same ranch the kids were rescued and returned to.