Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Hello World!!!


I know it seems like I haven't been here in a million years but, I have a good reason. The first reason is: I was hurled into a funk behind the death of Michael Jackson. Not buying it? Okay, I was really feeling under the weather. Still not buying it? Okay, I'll come clean. I really have felt bombarded with other things and felt like I had writer's block. Well, my sister so kindly kicked me in the arse and now I'm back. Let's see what have I missed? The BET awards! I vented my disdain about the awards on twitter but, I never spoke about it here. Chris Brown was supposed to perform a tribute to Michael Jackson. According to sources, Jay-Z and Beyonce pulled a bitch move and said that if Chris Brown performed, they would not! I took to twitter and voiced my disdain for their childish asses! If Rihanna is not angry with Chris, why are you? This was a tribute! It was larger than the both of them but BET wimped out and bumped Chris Brown's performance. Leaving the show with a lot of song homages and no dancing tributes! Yeah, it sucked! Moving on, the Philly children who were denied entrance to the private swimming club, are back in the news. Apparently, the YMCA was refunded their money and the children have been invited to the facility. I am hearing rumblings of a lawsuit but, I don't see it's basis. The one thing the private swim club has on it's side is the fact that they changed their tune, quickly! Had they continued with their stance, there may have been grounds for a lawsuit based on discrimination. Remember, I am not a lawyer so take it with a grain of salt.

2 comments:

wordswork02 said...

Hey, TLuv, welcome back! Thank God your sister put a fire under your arse.

Okay, first, the BET Awards. Didn't see them, but I heard about them. My question is this: If Jay-Z wants to wield legitimate power over BET, why doesn't he just buy the little Mickey Mouse network? He's got millions. What does BET have besides some old "Amen" reruns and a few degrading reality shows anyway?

Secondly, I'm not a lawyer either, but I can't imagine the Creative Steps campers have grounds for a lawsuit. What would be the basis? Denial of the pursuit of...swimming? There's nothing in the Constitution that guarantees little children the right to go swimming in the summertime. It's great if they can -- Lord knows I loved it when I was a kid -- but it's not a right. It's a privilege.

If the discrimination had been ongoing and institutionalized by other country clubs in Pennsylvania or even Philadelphia, then maybe they'd have something. But one incident does not a lawsuit make, IMO

TLUV said...

I am glad that the both of us can put our heads together and make an Esquire! I wouldn't want Jay-Z to buy BET! Not if he is going to keep certain people off the air because he has a problem with them! Listen, when Chris Brown was sentenced, part of the sentence was that he stay away from Rihanna! She head her lawyer tell the judge that a condition like that wouldn't be necessary! This means that she is planning to be around him again! Yet, you're mad? I, personally, think it was a penis show! You know how guys try to wield power by seeing who has the largest penis? He should have made it a lip show! He'd have that one won!