Monday, November 27, 2006

Brokeback Bullsh$#t!


I watched "Brokeback Mountain" last night. I am so tired of people saying it was a love story. I feel that is just an excuse for two men behaving in risky behavior behind their wives backs. If you notice they set the story in the 70's. If it was an up to date story, that would have been on the down low, and in the era of A.I.D.S. I found it despicable that the two were in loveless marriages and still didn't want to leave. The one wife had enough gall to leave. It wasn't about love anyway. The one cowboy (Jake Gyllenhal), went to Mexico and picked up a male prostitute. So obviously, he was attracted to more than just Jack (Heath Ledger). So please, spare me the love story. I am all for love, no matter with whom it occurs but, don't try to fool us. The story was about a gay cowboy, who was promiscuous. It's not pretty but, it's true. Note To ALL readers: December 1st is World AIDS Day, Get tested. We can stand up and shut this disease down! PROTECT YOURSELF, ALWAYS!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't understand the hooplah that this movie caused either. Was it just because it was about gay cowboys (or one gay cowboy) and that defied the usual stereotypes applied to gay men? I don't know, but I could barely understand a word those two guys said. Were they channeling Marlon Brando, or what? And you're right, TLuv, this was not a love story. It was more like a lust story. And those barren, deserted locations just made me...cold.