Monday, November 27, 2006

No More N____ Word!!


Michael Richards apologized on the Jesse Jackson radio show Sunday. I didn't listen but, I hear it was sincere. As sincere as he can get. Paul Mooney was also on the show. A press conference was held after. I know you're saying "Nobody called ME!" Anyhoo, a pledge was taken. Jesse Jackson asked people of color to stop using the "N" word. I have lately tried to do that. I've replaced the word with "brother," or "sister." So far it's working but, I haven't been very angry lately. It's so like the media to turn this incident around on us. Now it's OUR fault this man used this word that didn't originate from US. Note to the BLACK LEADERS: Stop selling out. Either accept the apology or not. Stop blaming US for the actions of the ignorant.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go, girl! You make a very valid point. We didn't create the word and we have never used it to dehumanize or degrade each other, which is why non-blacks use it. Personally, I don't use the word. I think of it as a swear word and since I don't swear, that word isn't in my vernacular.

Anonymous said...

Let's keep it real this word has long been a term of endearment in the BLACK commonity, let's not let ignorace and hate stop what we do. Let's stay true to who we are and keep the LOVE. I use that term when I am with my hommie's and it is all LOVE. And no matter what you say we will probaly continue and by today's stanards we are all successful.

Anonymous said...

WELL, WELL, WELL, I THINK THAT SOME PEOPLE USE THE WORD IN DIFFERENT WAYS, SOME PEOPLE USE IT TO PUT A LITTLE TWIST ON WHAT THE WHITE MAN MADE, TO LET THEM KNOW THAT IT DON'T MESS WITH BOTHER THEM