Monday, November 27, 2006

DON'T GET MARRIED IN NEW YORK!


At least don't have your bachelor party there! I took my time with this story because I wanted to measure my words. Saturday morning Sean Bell 23, lost his life at the hands of the NYPD. Sean was to marry later that day. The story is sketchy, at best, but police opened fire on unarmed occupants of a car. Firing 50 shots in all. Did I mention these were undercover police? Wake up people! It's open season. Al Sharpton is leading the inquiry for the family. Sometimes I wish there was someone else to lead but, as long as someone comes up. The Mayor seems to be outraged but, New York is notorious for aquitting their wayward cops. Let's just hope its not "Business as usual." My prayers go out to the family of Sean Bell and I wish a full recovery to Joseph Guzman 31, and Trent Benefield 23.

No comments: