Monday, November 06, 2006

Dear Terrence....


I love hip-hop! I'll say it again, I love hip-hop!! Recently while driving I heard a song that totally rejuvenated me. That song was "Whoop that trick," from the movie "Hustle and Flow." Ordinarily a song like that would incite a riot but, it invigorated me. I love the fact that Terrence Howard did the rapping. I hate when a song is recorded by one person, in the movie, and someone else on the soundtrack. Sorry I digressed! Anyhoo, I started to think about how amazing he is. I thought about his performance in "Crash", his performance in "The Best Man" and of course "Hustle and Flow." What really took me,was the fact that not only did he rap well(which believe me people, is not as easy as it looks!) but he spit the song and never lost the fake Memphis accent. How many people can do that! How many people can act so well, that the world stands up and takes notice of a song called "It's Hard Out Here For A Pimp." Not just take notice but, give it that Oscar.. Bellisimo, Terrence,Bellisimo!

No comments: