Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Words Speak Volumes!


I am prepared to sit down and listen to Duane "Dog" Chapman's heartfelt apology, on one condition. That is that he not try to feed me the B.S. about being angry and speaking that way. I listened to the tape and what he said was, "We say nigger around here all the time and I don't want no nigger telling the Enquirer about it!" That doesn't sound like you are angry at your son! That is a person telling someone that they don't want to be heard saying the N-word! That they use the N-word all the time! Please come with the real! Apologies can be accepted and we can move on. When you send out "blanket" statements, you are not believable! "Blanket" statements are when you use the usual terms like, "anger" or "Stress" or "out of context" to explain your actions. Everyone is entitled to lose their temper but, as I said in my comments, at the end of the day your problem lies with that person and not his/her race.

2 comments:

wordswork02 said...

What's there to listen to? The guy is a redneck F**k-up. You can just look at him and tell that. Although I don't believe in judging books by their covers, everything about the way he presents himself says "redneck" to me. That's why I never watched the show.

And going my the name "Dog" says more about the man than I ever could.

First of all, using the N-word has everything to do with the race of the person it's being directed at. Is the word ever used to dehumanize other races? I think not.

If Dog throws the N-word around so routinely, of course he doesn't want his son to date a black person. Not because he's afraid of insulting his son's girlfriend. The man just doesn't care for black people. THAT'S why he uses the word he knows we hate to refer to us.

Furthermore, Dog's reluctance to have a black person around when he's using this word and his aversion to having his words appear in the "National Enquirer" indicate that he knows he's wrong. He knows this and doesn't want to be called the racist he obviously is.

There's no way he can argue ignorance or intoxication on the matter.

Note to the dog: Come clean. If you don't like black people and don't want them in your family, be a man and own it. Don't insult us by issuing fake apologies to save your show and your bank account. You can always take your show to CMT. Those rednecks will be pleased as punch to have ya!

TLUV said...

Well said Wordswork! I watched the show because I'm a sucker for reality TV, not because of him. I just don't want him to use the Mel Gibson/Michael Ritchards pre-printed apology/statement. Also, you hit the nail right on the head when you said for his bank account! I couldn't have said it better!
Thanx!