Saturday, November 15, 2008

Get Well Soon...


Katt Williams' behavior, as of late, has been erratic. People were beginning to think he was on that stuff. Now, there is a reason for his behavior. He has been hospitalized for a mentel evaluation. Read on:

[Katt's lawyer Garryl Deas explained,] "His demeanor was a little troubled," Deas said. He said the actor seemed "disoriented."

About that time, family or close friends of Williams arrived to try to take him to the hospital for mental evaluation, Deas said. He said the family was seeking to have the actor committed. He was under the impression the family members were a teenaged daughter and the daughter's mother. Williams, however, did not want to listen to their urging that he visit the hospital, Deas said.

His erratic behavior continued.

"He just said that he doesn't trust anyone anymore," Deas said. He said he thought "everyone has turned against him. He wasn't really coherent."

By that point, the actor was "speaking gibberish," Deas said, though he declined to guess whether the actor was intoxicated.

Deas said the family was seeking an order from a probate judge to force him to be seen for a mental evaluation. Sumter Probate Judge Dale Atkinson, however, said neither he nor any of his staff issued a pickup order for anyone by the name of Katt Williams.

Sumter County Sheriff Anthony Dennis said, however, that an order was issued by the probate court and that because his department becomes involved with these type of matters, his office was called.

Dennis said the call came in around noon and deputies arrived to transport Williams to the hospital. Though he was vocal in his desire not to go, Williams was not physically aggressive.

She could not reveal whether Williams or his family had been in contact with them, but Kathleen Higgins, clinical director for Santee Wateree Mental Health Center, said in order for someone to be psychiatrically committed, one has to be assessed by a mental health worker, "and then a doctor has to sign the commitment papers."

6 comments:

Lady Di said...

Publicist statement released:

Yesterday, we reported that comedian Katt Williams had been hospitalized to undergo a pyschiatric evaluation. See story here [link not inlcuded]. Williams’ publicist just released the following statement to Punchline Magazine.

Following an arduous 300 shows and an 18-month touring schedule that left him incredibly fatigued, Katt felt compelled to be with his family in an effort to deal with his stress. While doing so, he is under a doctor’s care.

As this is a private and personal matter, we hope the media will respect his family’s request for privacy.

Yvette Shearer
Shearer Public Relations

TLUV said...

Lady Di, you must be a hardcore Katt Williams fan. This is the second time you have responded to a post about Katt! While I appreciate your posts, if you have some inside knowledge, do share!

Lady Di said...

I'm not sure what you mean by "inside knowledge" per say but I consider myself a research aficionado. I've been posting on Katt via the IMDb.com since November of last year. Yes, I did not know who he was prior then.

I will say I was honored to have him Thank me in the new DVD release in the credits.

TLUV said...

Then you are an "insider." Kudos for you! I wish him a speedy recovery and all the best.

Lady Di said...

Just don't ask me where he is now because I have no clue. On a serious note, I'm working on getting supporters to submit letters of support for Katt. Know anyone who would help me with this, do so on my Blog check my Blog. I'm looking for letters I can print and send to him, so keep this in mind. Thank you!!

Lady Di said...

Man, I am getting really old. I so forgot these posts. :p