Friday, February 13, 2009

The NAACP Image Award Winners......





Taraji P. Henson is still making the rounds and taking the crowns. She won for her performance in "The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button." Just like he predicted, Sean "Diddy" Combs walked away with an award for his performance in "A Raisin In The Sun." Russel Simmons won an award for his contributions to music and making the earth a better place. As usual, his youngest daughter had to try to steal his thunder! Somebody sit her down, please! Tracee Ellis Ross (daughter of Diana Ross) won an award for her performance on "Girlfriends." It was a wonderful night!

2 comments:

wordswork02 said...

Well, I'm not one to go on folks' blogs and make negative statements, so you ain't heard this from me, but...

I did not care for P.Diddy's performance in "A Raisin in the Sun." I thought he lacked the stature and "chops" to pull off that role.

Maybe it's because I saw Sidney Poitier's version. Maybe I would have been TOTALLY blown away by P.Diddy's Walter Lee if I hadn't seen the 1961 movie.

But I did...and I wasn't.

I don't think he deserved the NAACP award. There. I said it.

But you ain't heard it from me!

TLUV said...

Okay Benita Betrell! I have rumblings that people feel that Diddy bought that award! I hope this is not true because it would make the NAACP a sham! Perhaps they gave it to him because it is such a respected movie/play. He claims he channeled early Sidney Poitier! James Porter but not Sidney Poitier! LOL