Thursday, March 19, 2009

I Usually Don't Do This But.....


Actress Natasha Richardson passed away yesterday, after a skiing accident. Mrs. Richardson was seemingly fine after her fall but, later took a turn for the worse. She leaves behind a husband, Liam Neeson, and two teenage sons. I think that this story is so tragic and important because perhaps going straight to the hospital after the accident, may have helped! I say "may" because no one knows for sure. I can only stress that you seek immediate medical attention after ANY accident. Even if you feel "fine." Two young men are without their mother and nothing can bring her back. Let her story educate you on the importance of medical attention. I remember, as a child, when we would bump our heads our parents or grandparents would say, "Don't go to sleep for an hour!" Essentially, this is the reason why! During that hour if there is bleeding on the brain the symptoms would appear. You may have a headache or blurred vision and nausea. I guess our elders were neurosurgeons back then.
I would like to express my condolences to the family of Natasha Richardson. I will keep them in my prayers.

4 comments:

Lady Di said...

Also, on the news they said that the nearest surgical hospital was 60 miles away. Time was everything as well... maybe...

TLUV said...

A surgeon said that the period when she was feeling well was called a "lucid cognitive moment." Sort of like a person gets well, right before they die. I wish people would not fear the hospital/doctor and will get medical attention ASAP! If your son hits his head, you will be at the hospital in 9.6 seconds flat! Take care of yourself the same way!

TLUV said...

Pardon my English! The moment when a person seems to feel fine is called a "lucid interval" not a "lucid cognitive moment!" Sorry for the mix-up!

Lady Di said...

Thanks for both posts no doubt.