Sunday, March 15, 2009

Rest In Peace Altovise!


Sammy Davis Jr.'s widow, Altovise Gore Davis, passed away Saturday. According to yahoo news, "Altovise Joanne Gore Davis, a dancer and actress and the widow of Sammy Davis Jr., has died. She was 65.

Davis died Saturday at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center after suffering a stroke, said Amy Malone, a publicist for her family.

Davis worked her way to the Broadway stage where she met the legendary entertainer when they performed together in the musical "Golden Boy" in 1967.

She became his third wife when they wed in 1970 (Davis was previously married to dancer Loray White and Swedish actress Mai Britt). They adopted a son and remained together until Davis died of throat cancer in 1990 at the age of 64."

Altovise Davis was a class act and will be missed.....

8 comments:

Lady Di said...

Wild enough, this is the first time I'd heard anything on her since his death. WOW!!

TLUV said...

Yeah, she was such a class act! This should tell people that marrying famous doesn't mean you will live comfortably! Sammy left the lady in alot of debt!

Lady Di said...

REALLY??

TLUV said...

You know Sammy had tax problems! Despite being a member of the "Rat Pack" he was the only one who died penniless! Where was "Old Blue Eyes" when they needed him?

Lady Di said...

WOW, never knew that. Sad. Was that the only kid ever to Sammy? Where is their son I wonder??

TLUV said...

Apparently, Sammy had 3 adopted sons and a daughter by May Britt. One of the sons was adopted with Altovise. Sadly, some of his possessions were sold to pay for his funeral. Wow! That's crazy!!!!

Lady Di said...

I thought I remembered some kids w/Britt but was not sure. I'm getting old and barely keep up with me. Dang, wonder where any of the kids are??

Did I link you to Ms JJ site?? Just Judith? She's talking about that TV One show w/Debarge Fam. She has a snippet up now that almost mad me sad. I can't watch anymore of it.

TLUV said...

I read something about them too! I went to school with their half-sister! The way that drugs and alcohol ravaged that family is crazy! Such talent gone down the drain!