Monday, March 23, 2009

I'm So Proud Of Him!


Rapper Trick-Daddy has announced that he is living with Lupus (an autoimmune disease). During a radio interview Trick said, “I went to the doctor, like, 12 years ago. She took all kinds of tests, because I was trying to get rid of what we call dry skin; she did biopsies and blood tests and swab tests. She told me I have lupus.” The diagnosis has kept Trick Daddy out of the sun ever since: “I am allergic highly to the sun, that’s my worst enemy. It’s like an AK-47 (gun) with a double clip on it.” But the rapper is determined not to let the incurable condition affect his daily routine. He adds, “A lot of people try to cover it up with regular make-up. It makes your skin pigmented. You can go from dark to light and not light to dark. You have to cover it up and conceal it.” But he isn’t one to complain: “My mama had 11 children from 10 different men. If she can live with that, I know I can live with this.”

Okay, that last part wasn't necessary but, I give him kudos for talking about Lupus!

3 comments:

Lady Di said...

Lupus has more than a skin effect as I'm watching it daily. For whomever he is, hope he can live a healthier life now that he's more educated.

TLUV said...

I have a friend who has Lupus and has watched it ravage her family especially, on the female side. Sadly, it does affect more than skin! It affects all organs and since skin is an organ, it affects it also. I hope that his speaking out will bring awareness to the disease.

Lady Di said...

Well see, ya never know how many people really are affected by Lupus as it is one of the most misdiagnosed life conditions I've encountered over my life span.