Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Regretfully, I Report This.....


I hate to see anyone lose their home! I, especially, hate when a person is not given a second chance after apologizing. With that said, it is with much regret that I report that Isiah Washington may be evicted from his Venice, California home. According to People.com, "Isaiah Washington may be getting kicked to the curb. The actor and his wife, Jenisa, are allegedly $100,000 behind on rent for their Los Angeles home and may be facing eviction, according to court documents filed Tuesday in Santa Monica, Calif.

The posh home sits amid the picturesque canals near Venice Beach. Around April 2008, the former Grey's Anatomy star, 45, allegedly agreed in writing to pay $20,000 monthly in rent, with an option to buy the home, but then neglected to pay for the past five months, the documents say.

On March 19, a notice was posted on the property informing the Washingtons they had three days to pay up or move out. It's unclear whether or not they vacated the premises.

The owner of the home, Sandalwood Properties Inc., is seeking $100,000 back rent, plus attorneys fees and a cancellation of the rental agreement.

Calls to the actor's rep and a lawyer for the property weren't immediately returned


This is all because of his argument during his employment on "Grey's Anatomy." I will keep him and his family in my prayers. Note to Isiah: The powers that be, are angry with you! Keep your mouth closed!

6 comments:

Lady Di said...

Ok, so what does the wife do that they can afford to rent a home of that $$ much less buy?? I mean, is this why half or better of the people losing their homes are REALLY losing them? Think on it, people buy the home and somehow have to maintain it PLUS pay the mortgage and other bills that come with the home. Now, if you buy million dollar home and are not worth a million, why buy on 'I hope I can afford to live here'????

Property tax, the utilities, the HOA or whatever their community fee is termed and heaps more play into these factors. I'm not understanding why people buy more than they can afford or can PAY OFF!!

Lady Di said...

Peep this one - and TMZ has some words in this - right

TLUV said...

Have you ever been to California? This is how THEY live! You have people working at Starbucks and driving Mercedes Benzes or BMW's! They just work two or three jobs! Often times, "stars" live above their means because it's a "status" thing! I went to California and hung out on Rodeo Drive. You have people walking up and down that street with bags filled with paper! They do it because they might see somebody and they want to look like they are still affluant. Isiah lost his job and damn near all prospects because he used a derrogatory term towards his gay co-star and didn't want to apologize. Hollywood is run by many powerful "gay" men and women. He has been blackballed! It has nothing to do with the mortgage crisis! He has been blackballed!

TLUV said...

I refuse to go to TMZ anymore! On TV or the internet! Ever since the photo of Rihanna, I refuse to read their rhetoric!

Lady Di said...

No, I never been to Cali and am thanking you for the insight. But... it really doesn't have anything to do with the mortgage crisis, you are right. I am mentioning it because he's not the first one to lose his home over the course of many years due to many things OTHER than losing their jobs. It still goes back to people buying above their means. I guess I'm broke so I can't get the grip of it all. Again, what does his wife do for a living??

And yeah, I did not go on TMZ nor do I at all. The article referenced them.

TLUV said...

I beieve his wife is a teacher or something. On the bright side, I hear they have dual citizenship with Sierra Leone or somewhere. Perhaps they can rebuild there!