Tuesday, September 15, 2009

There's No "I" In Team.....




I watched the video of Michael Jeffrey Jordan's induction into The Hall Of Fame and I was sad. The Greatest Player Of All turned his acceptance speech into a volley of harsh taunts and trash talking! After they talked about how "great" he was he launched into a tirade. He talked about Bryon Russell being the reason he returned after his retirement. Apparently Russell, who was a rookie in Utah, saw him out and challenged him. Big mistake! Jordan made the game winning bucket over Russell's head in a very embarrassing win over Utah. He flew in the starting point guard, who his high school coach picked over him, and stated that he just wanted his former coach to know that, "You made a big mistake, dude!" He talked about Isiah Thomas and Jeff Van Gundy and a slew of others. All while they sat in their seats honoring him! The worst point came when instead of thanking his family, namely his children, he simply said, "I'd hate to be you guys!" I sat with my mouth on the floor watching his display. He went from being the "greatest" to being a sad bully! I know the Hall Of Fame would love to rescind their award but, after all his stats speak for themselves. I pray that he looks at the tape and realizes that he stepped on people, needlessly. I pray that he says that his children are watching and he is tarnishing a wonderful legend. Who am I kidding, he is Michael Jeffrey Jordan.

No comments: