Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Why I Hate Cartoons!



I hate cartoons because the people behind them are fake! Just like I hate clowns because they smile with their mouth and not their eyes! Check out Aaron McGruder and his ignorant comments:

“The Boondocks,” comic strip and animated series creator Aaron McGruder entertained, intrigued and outraged his audience at Earlham College on Monday night.

Appearing at the college for Martin Luther King Jr. Day, McGruder answered questions posed by the audience and by associate professor James Logan. Mixing political opinion and satire is hard to do in comics and cartoons, he said. “It’s not having a statement, it’s entertaining people so they listen.”

On the eve of President Barack Obama’s inauguration, McGruder is “cautiously pessimistic” about the presidency. “I don’t think you’re going to see any dramatic change from Barack Obama,” said McGruder, who wore a “Boondocks” T-shirt over a black long-sleeve shirt and jeans. “I’m hoping he proves me completely wrong.”

McGruder bases his opinions of the U.S. presidency on the 2000 election and how nothing has been done since then to change the election system. “It was a sham then … It’s got to still be a sham,” McGruder said. “I don’t want to rain on anyone’s parade, but it’s what I tend to do.”

On the topic of race and ethnicity, McGruder said that to him, Obama is not black because he is not a descendant of a slave. “The person who is one of us in the White House is Michelle Obama and her momma,” McGruder said.

His comments outraged Dionne Robinson, 44, of Richmond. “I want my $5 back,” she said. “It’s one thing to have an opinion, but he doesn’t have any facts. He needs to go back to college.”

Educated and still stupid! Imagine that!

7 comments:

wordswork02 said...

I love "The Boondocks." It's one of my favorite comics. I've always considered Mr. McGruder as a sharp wit and a pretty smart guy, but I don't understand his comment about Barack Obama not being black because he's not the descendant of slaves.

To me, this is a naively narrow way to define a black person. Just on looks alone, I'm sure Pres. Obama was treated as a black man by anyone he encountered. I'm sure no one asked him for a printout of his family tree before discriminating against him -- or accepting him as one of their own. It was how he carried himself.

We have millions of African or West Indian immigrants who are not descendants of slaves, but who are marginalized because of their race. Is Mr. McGruder saying these folks aren't black?

I think he'll need to clarify his remarks unless he wants to offend a lot of people. But maybe that was his goal.

TLUV said...

He is crazy!!!!

Lady Di said...

Aaron's been very left field since his time in MD. I never understood all his work entirely and therefor I watch very little of it. Therefore, I can not be offended by that which I am not aware of...

Strange, eh? Only me...

TLUV said...

I am offended that he would talk that rhetoric to school children. That's what I am talking about when I say, "I hate cartoons!" They can be subliminally telling kids anything! There are racist situations that are tinged with comedy! Kids see it but, they brush it off because they think it's funny! I never liked his show because I think that a little boy cussing and acting grown, needs an ass beating!

wordswork02 said...

I never saw the cartoon, but am a big fan of his comic strip, which the animated TV show was based on. But I don't think the comic strip or the TV show was for kids -- at least not young kids. It's for kids like "The Simpsons" is for kids, that is, not really. "The Boondocks" comic strip has a sharply satirical voice that I don't think the average kid would enjoy. It's very political.

So, not to worry, TLuv, I don't think the "McGruder effect" has harmed any children. If anything, it might make them ask more and (and smarter) questions about the world, which is always a good thing. ;0)

TLUV said...

I am not talking about the cartoon influencing children! I am talking about the fact that he was talking to children when he spewed the ignorant comments about Obama!

TLUV said...

Strike my last comment! I see that he was speaking to college students! I, still, don't like people who blurt out random, idiotic facts with no basis!