Friday, February 06, 2009

Backtracking!


Remember the ass whooping Etta James promised Beyonce? Well, she is backtracking and claiming she was just joking! "In a telephone interview with the NYDN, Etta said, "I didn't really mean anything. Even as a little child, I've always had that comedian kind of attitude. ... That's probably what went into it."

"Etta went on to say that she felt left out of the Inauguration and that she probably could have sang the song better than Beyonce. When asked about saying Obama has "big ears," she again said she it was all a joke and that she thinks he's handsome. Etta continued, "That might be horrible. The President might not ever like me in life."

Matthew Knowles must have given her the evil wonky eye! Seems someone wanted a little publicity! We haven't forgotten you Etta!

3 comments:

Lady Di said...

Funny what comes out of the mouths of OLDer people. She knew what she was doing. She knew saying ANY THING relating to Black, African American, African, Kenyan, Hawaiian, Chicagoan, now Washingtonian President Barack Obama was going to get her into the HOTTEST of all hot waters. She's sitting around being missed by herself and therefore hung herself out to dry up. People don't like people talking ish bout their Prez nor Miss B it seems. Backlash is a B*TCH. Just ask them Dixie Chicks.

TLUV said...

Sometimes I wonder if Beyonce isn't behind this publicity stunt! Everytime Jennifer hudson gets some shine, Beyonce does something to get back in the limelight! What do you think?

Lady Di said...

I can't lie Tluv. I really do not follow females - celebs or otherwise. I've had seriously bad luck with them from birth, I kid you not girl. Almost as much drama as my own mama. I've had 3 mothers, so that gives you some idea.